What is a residential playset?
- A residential playset is designed and certified for use at homes rather than commercial areas such as parks, schools, or businesses. They are safety tested to withstand the use that would come from being in a backyard rather than somewhere that receives high volume of use all throughout the day.
Are your playsets environmentally friendly?
- Our playsets are built from sustainably sourced cedar wood. We also make almost all our slides here in the US with 100% recyclable plastic. We gather all the plastic scraps and defects from the slide formation process, and they are melted back into plastic sheets to be reused.
How long have you been manufacturing playsets?
- Swing-N-Slide was established in 1985 as America’s first do-it-yourself wooden playground manufacturer.
What safety standards do your playsets adhere to?
- All our products are ASTM certified for residential use. We also certify with CPSIA and CPSC.
How often should I inspect my playset for wear and tear?
- We suggest that playsets be checked at least twice a year for any signs of damage or issues. Each bolt on the playset should be tightened especially the first few years as all the pieces settle. The wood sealant should also be monitored for wear to ensure that water does not begin to soak into the set.
Do the playset come with safety instructions?
- Yes, all our products come with safety instructions and guidelines for proper use.
What ages are Swing-N-Slide’s products recommended for?
- Our playsets are designed for children of all ages. We offer toddler swings that range from 18 months to 4 years old, and our other swings are great for anyone old enough to hold themselves up and weigh less than 225 lbs. Our slides are also great for any age, whether it is older kids climbing up and sliding down or for the youngest of kids being picked up and safely guided down.
Are there weight limits for swings and slides?
- Yes, we pride ourselves in our strong products but with everything there is a limit. Most of our slides have a weight limit of 250 lbs and our swings have a weight limit of 225 lbs. However, the manual will include weight limits and should be referred to before testing these limits.
Do I need a level area?
- Yes, we recommend a flat level area upon which the play equipment will sit in order to maintain maximum stability. If your backyard is not level, we recommend leveling out an area large enough for the set prior to construction.
What kind of surface should I have under and around my kit?
- Soft surfaces, laid after installation, are ideal under your swing set. Never place your swing set over hard surfaces like blacktop, concrete or packed earth where injury could result in the event of a fall. The CPSC recommends the following loose fill surfacing materials: wood mulch (9” depth), double shredded bark mulch (9” depth), uniform wood chips (12” depth), fine sand (12” depth) and fine gravel (12” depth).
Are Swing-N-Slide® swing sets and accessories safe for children?
- All products, when assembled to plan, meet or exceed American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards for residential use.
Installation & Maintenance
Do you offer installation services?
- We offer installation in almost all areas of the contiguous United States. We work with local contractors and take care of the whole management of getting the playset delivered and installed.
Can I install the playset myself?
- Every playset come with detailed instructions for installation, and it is 100% possible for anyone to build one themselves. We recommend that time is taken to look through the instructions and enough time is set aside as to not rush through the process.
How many people does it take to build a Swing-N-Slide® Do-It-Yourself swing set?
- The estimated building times vary for each project. All estimated building times are based on two (2) people with basic building experience. You can save $100s – $1,000s by building your family a Swing-N-Slide® swing set using your own skills to assemble the play set. Links to installation instructions are available for your review prior to purchase. They are in pdf. format located on the website.
Will I need any special tools for assembly of my Swing-N-Slide® swing set?
The following tools are required for the best building experience:
- Circular Saw
- Electric Drill
- Safety Glasses
- Tape Measure
- Pencil, Square
- 1-1/8” Spade Bit
- 5/16” Drill Bit
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Torx and Phillips head bits needed for construction are included in the play set hardware for the wood complete kits
Should I paint or seal the completed swing set?
- We recommend that you apply a sealant or semi-transparent stain with sealant within the first 90 days of owning the swing set. After that, wood stain or sealer applied every other year will protect your swing set and keep it looking new. Periodically inspect the play set for water absorption by observing how quickly a drop of water absorbs into the wood. However, we do not recommend painting your swing set. Please see a store associate for assistance in selecting the best wood stain or sealer for your swing set.
How do I maintain my playset to ensure its longevity?
- The most important ways to maintain your playset include tightening all the hardware, lubricating all metallic moving parts, checking wooden boards for damage, and keeping the wood sealed.
Why does my playset appear to have wood that is showing cracks?
- Wood intended for outdoor use will develop cracks. The process of wood cracking is called "wood checking". The checks will develop on the surface of the wood as a result of the natural tendency of wood to absorb moisture and then dry out again causing separation of the wood fibers. It is part of the weathering process of all wood exposed to the elements. You will see this same checking process in any outdoor wood surface. Checking affects the appearance of the wood but not the strength of the wood. As a general rule, if you cannot insert a piece of paper one inch into the wood on a swing beam for example, the integrity of the wood is not compromised.
Why does my swing set / play set appear to have movement when the children are swinging?
- Some flexibility should be present when the children are swinging. The wood included in your swing set / play set has passed all ASTM standards, and if installed properly, will easily handle the weight it was designed for. Keep in mind these play sets are designed for children 2-10 years of age, unless otherwise noted. Also remember the playset must be installed on level ground.
I have mold on my playset, why is it there and how do I remove it?
- If your play set is located in an area of high humidity or is placed in an area that is shaded for most of the day, mold and/or mildew may occur. A mild bleach solution of 1 part bleach to 2 parts water should clean the area. After the play set has dried, a clear water sealer should be applied to retard any future growth.
Can the playset be anchored to the ground for added stability?
- Yes, our playsets come with anchors that are set 28” into the ground to add stability. We also offer stakes for swing beams which limit rocking while in use.
Why aren't the anchors that came with the kit staying in place when the children are swinging?
- Observe the ground that the anchors are placed in. If you live in an area that has a tendency to have softer, sandier soils, it is advised you cement the stakes into the ground. Make sure to only cement the stakes, not the play set legs.
What type of wood is included in the kits?
- We have more than one type of wood that we use for our play sets. For most of the kits that are stained a redwood color, the wood used is a variety of imported cedars. The kits that are not stained a redwood color are Southern Yellow Pine, pressure treated with the Micro Pro Process.
What features should I look for when selecting a swing set for my family?
- You need to evaluate the space you have available in your yard to make sure you have enough room to accommodate the play set you are selecting. This is often referred to as the “Minimum Use Zone”. The “Minimum Use Zone” encompasses the space required by the swing set, as well as the recommended clearance space (min 6 feet) around the set to provide a safer play area. Each design has a different min use zone, and that information is included with the detail specs on each kit on our website. Outdoor play promotes the physical, imaginative, social and cognitive development of your children. A swing set should offer challenges that allow for your children’s growth and development for years to come. Our playsets are designed for children from 2-10 years of age, unless otherwise noted.
Can I add additional features or accessories in the future?
- We offer many accessories and features that can be added to existing playsets. Our swings can be replaced with other types of swings or a trapeze arm, and our slides can be replaced with other types of slides that match with your play deck height. We also offer other add-ons like our Tower Tunnel Crawl Tube.
Ordering & Delivery
How can I purchase a playset?
- We accept orders online or over the phone. We recommend trying to order online before calling but our customer service team is always happy to help answer any questions and make sure you are getting exactly what you are looking for.
What is the delivery time once I place an order?
- Once an order is placed it may take up to 5 business days for it to be processed and shipped. After being shipped it depends on your location as to how long it will take to be delivered.
What is your return policy?
- We offer a full refund of the product costs that were charged minus the actual shipping costs within 30 days of from the shipping date. More information on our return process can be found on our Returns & Cancellations page.
Can replacement parts be ordered?
- We offer some replacement accessories directly on our website. For more specific parts you will need to contact our customer service line and they will be able to help you further.
Do Swing-N-Slide® products come with a warranty?
- Yes. All products carry at least a 1-year warranty on defective parts, most of the accessories carry a 5-year warranty. All slides, and the Discovery Mountain™ are backed with a Lifetime Warranty. Complete warranty information specific to an item category is included in the warranty link in the 'Customer Support' section of our website.
Cost & Financing
What price should I expect to pay?
- Complete units range from $150 – $2,800 depending on the design you choose and whether you want to purchase a playset that includes all of the wood or a playset that includes hardware only and the purchase of the wood is done by you.
Are there any hidden costs or fees?
- There are no hidden costs or fees, but taxes and installation will add costs to your purchase. Shipping may add costs where free shipping is not available.
Do you offer discounts or promotions?
- We run different promotions throughout the year based on holidays and other events. We do not have any lists of future products going on sale, but most playsets will go on sale at some point throughout the year.
How does the playset handle extreme weather conditions?
- Our playsets are built from rot-resistant cedar and are built to withstand the elements. However, proper care and maintenance is still required to get the most out of your playset. We recommend that you reseal the wood to ensure that it is properly protected from any water damage.
Can the playset be relocated if I move homes?
- It is possible to take a playset apart and move it to a new location. However, this will not always be an easy process and proper care should be taken to ensure it is properly dismantled and most importantly properly reinstalled.
How do I dispose of the playset once my children outgrow it?
- Depending on the condition of your playset it may be possible to relocate it another home for other kids to enjoy. However, other ways of disposing of the playset could include repurposing the wood for planter beds or taking the set apart and transporting it to a local dump. We do not recommend that you burn your playset especially if sealant and stains have been used.
Want to speak to a real person?
- Our Customer Care Department is available Monday–Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST. You can also send us an email at email@example.com .
Comments or Concerns? We would love to hear from you!
166 Etowah Industrial Ct
Canton, GA 30114
Phone Number: (678) 649-8505